Sunday 1 June 2008

Development update

I *am* still working on the collection!

In fact, there's a lot of exciting stuff going on, but I've been holding off on a release until they are ALL ready. I had a slight hindrance of a few hours work being lost but I've managed to recover or reproduce all of it without any problems (and even fixed a problem or two that I knew existed in the lost code, because I was able to start from scratch!).

Some sneaky news to keep people's interest:

New games. (!)
New menu for all the games.
New folder layout.
Better colours (so you can see elements clearer).
Interface cleanup - unsolveable games tell you so, games that can't enter numbers won't let you, made the first load of the in-game menu much quicker etc.

The current release-stopper is F-200 compatibility - I have an accurate way to reproduce all the issues seen with the F-200 touchscreen but it takes a lot of time to test each revision. Also, I'm holding back to see what's going on with the new model F-200's with regards to video/touchscreen co-ordinates being different. I still haven't fixed mines, either, and my patience is wearing out with it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a release out soon, even if it doesn't have F-200 touchscreen compatibility. So hang on. I'll get there.

1 comment:

Jense said...

Thanks for your work on this ledow. Can't wait for this release.